Why visit Casa Battló2:36 PM
I usually get bored entering the museums or other significant buildings when I visit a city. I prefer walking around, feeling the vibe of the city, mix up with the locals as much as possible and experience the contemporary life instead of the "frozen" one inside the museums. However, some places are really unique and it really worths investing your precious travel time to give them a visit.
While in Barcelona, and fascinated from Gaudi's genious personality and work, we decided to visit Casa Battló. And now it is high on my list for the most advisable visits in the city.
Casa Batlló was built in 1877 by Antoni Gaudi. Located in the middle of Passeig de Gracia, in a very central (and prestigious that era) area of Barcelona, the house was bought by Josep Batlló in 1900 and took the shape we know today in 1906 after a renovation made by Gaudi. Today the house is being used for various events.
Why should you go inside?
1. It is so cool from the outside, imagine how cool it is from the inside!
2. It is really something unique, not at all boring, a masterpiece of architecture nowhere else to be found.
3. they provide you with a great explanatory guide explaining in a virtual and simple way how this house was inspired and built, all its secrets and Gaudis thoughts.
4. It is quite fast to see it, so you will not have to worry about losing time (although lines for entering may be huge, prevent it by booking online- you pass by fast lane!)
5. And last but not least the terrace is really beautiful!
More info at the official site: https://www.casabatllo.es/visita/